Mammillaria Society Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mammillaria Society Forum

Discussion Forum about Mammillaria, Coryphantha and Escobaria

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tam's Collection

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Tam's Collection Empty
PostSubject: Tam's Collection   Tam's Collection Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 9:48 am

Here are a few views of my small collection.

Tam's Collection 2it06e1

This is the center bed with a mixed collection of cacti and succuents
Back to top Go down

Tam's Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tam's Collection   Tam's Collection Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 9:49 am

This shows newly greminated seedlings and the seedligs from the last few years.

Tam's Collection 294tf0n
Back to top Go down

Tam's Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tam's Collection   Tam's Collection Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 9:50 am

close up of the germinated seedlings. These have all germinated in the last 6 weeks

Tam's Collection Omk5y
Back to top Go down

Tam's Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tam's Collection   Tam's Collection Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 9:51 am

these are seedlings from the last 2 years. they are pricked out into modular cells and there are over 2000 seedlings all together

Tam's Collection 28cg3v4
Back to top Go down

Tam's Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tam's Collection   Tam's Collection Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 9:52 am

some more mature plants

Tam's Collection Ay4tns
Back to top Go down

Tam's Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tam's Collection   Tam's Collection Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 9:52 am

Tam's Collection 2cx083
Back to top Go down

Tam's Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tam's Collection   Tam's Collection Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 9:53 am

Tam's Collection 240ylbt

that's all for now, Mark
Back to top Go down
ChrisDavies

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2008-07-15

Tam's Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tam's Collection   Tam's Collection Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 9:54 am

Very impressive Mark, very nice greenhouse. You might well know that those 2000 seedlings grow up and get bigger and bigger Very Happy Then you gonna have the problem what we all have: lack of space. I am full of envy about your crucigera.

Tam's Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tam's Collection   Tam's Collection Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 9:56 am

Space will not be a problem, see what it's attached to. The cactus house is behind this lot. I was very, very lucky to be in the right place at the right time. As for the seedlings I only need 3 of each species/field collection so there will be plenty to go around you lot.

Tam's Collection 166g4np
Back to top Go down

Tam's Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tam's Collection   Tam's Collection Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 9:57 am

The M.crucgiera, if you will belive it, came from E.bay. The only problem I can forsee is that during the summer, from May to september all the houses are open to the public and I expect that at some point, something will go missing. There is nothing I can do about it and in truth it is a small price to pay for not having the cost of buying a glasshouse and heating it. There are staff around all the time but you know what folk are like. Having said that the gardens were open last year and nothing disappeared.

Tam's Collection 15zftas
Back to top Go down

Tam's Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tam's Collection   Tam's Collection Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 9:58 am

This last picture is my favourite plant. I had seen a few of these a number of years ago on a nursery stand at a show (Southfield's) and this year they had them for sale. Its M.scrippsiana and the flowers are just about to push throught the wool.

Tam's Collection 2jafdq9
Back to top Go down
ChrisDavies

Tam's Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tam's Collection   Tam's Collection Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 9:59 am

Quote :
Erstellt von tam The M.crucgiera, if you will belive it, came from E.bay. The only problem I can forsee is that during the summer, from May to september all the houses are open to the public and I except that at some point, some thing will go missing. There is nothing I can do about it and in truth it is a small price to pay for not having the cost of buying a glasshouse and heating it. There are staff around all the time but you know what folk are like. Having said that the gardens were open last year and nothing disappeared.

Are there only cacti that they can visit or other plants as well? Lucky that nothing disappeared. Nice clump of scrippsiana, I hope to visit Southfield nursery next year. That crucigera must be an old plant.

Tam's Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tam's Collection   Tam's Collection Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 10:00 am

The local parks dept use the gardens to grow all the foliage, flowering pot plants, the bedding plants and the hanging basket plants for the whole island. There is a small collection of about 50 epiphyllum hybrids which I have grown from leaf cuttings brought from E-bay. Hugo, if you are angling for a few days holiday on a small scottish isle then you will be most welcome. I have plenty of space at my house.
Back to top Go down
ChrisDavies

Tam's Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tam's Collection   Tam's Collection Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 10:01 am

Thanks for the offer, Mark, I'll keep it in mind. It must be beautifull over there.

Tam's Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tam's Collection   Tam's Collection Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 10:03 am

Waw, !!!!! beautiful collection
Back to top Go down

Tam's Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tam's Collection   Tam's Collection Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 10:04 am

Thank's for the kind words, but I must point out that it does not all be long to me. Tam.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tam's Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tam's Collection   Tam's Collection Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tam's Collection
Page 1 of 1